Speed Camera Club - join up - upload TrafficReports
TrafficReport upload to db and MapView
Speed Camera Club - Dual Over-Speed Alerts demo - 12th Feb 2023
Speed Camera Club - Member uploaded Traffic Report - 15th October
Speed Camera Club - Member uploaded Traffic Report - 20th October
Speed Camera Club - Member uploaded Traffic Report - 17th July
Speed Camera Club - Member uploaded Traffic Report - 25th February
Speed Camera Club - Member uploaded Traffic Report - 15th January
Speed Camera Club - Member uploaded Traffic Report - 7th January
Speed Limit Alert - set to trigger at +1 over the limit.
Speed Camera Club Dashboard - general settings
Speed Camera Club Dashboard - Reset GPS, Full Mute
- The App gives you Speed Limit data using Open Street Maps API for online road data.
The SCC+SL App monitors your GPS speed against your customized 'Over-Speed' settings.
- When you exceed your pre-set 'Over-Speed' the SCC+SL App
delivers an Audio and Visual and Haptic Alert from your phone to give you a warning to check your speed.
- Yes! SCC+SL will use your phone's 4G to make API calls for road data.
But you will need the app running in the foreground and the phone has to be open to the sky for the GPS signal.
- This is a GPS strength meter. Also if you tap it the app will 're-start' which can be useful if the GPS has jammed or stalled.
- The App needs your GPS location in order to know what the local speed limit is.
The best setting is 'Always Allow' as this sets the app to work temporarily in the background, as well as on the main screen.
- Drivers will find their own configuration to best suit their driving conditions.
Setting the ‘Over-Speed’ to +3 or +4 and the ‘Repeat Alert Frequency’ to every 2 to 4 seconds will work for most drivers.
- If you need to answer a call the App will continue to ‘run in the background'
like during a quick phone call.
Note that the Apple OS will 'hibernate' some apps if they're not running in the foreground.
- The answer is 'yes'.
To keep the speed alerts coming just be sure to keep the Speedo Minder dashboard visible on the main screen with other apps running in behind.
- If you run a Bluetooth Helmet or earbuds, (maybe with music too?) just set your music running first, 'then' start the App, check your settings and with the Speed Camera Club app showing on the dashboard screen, place your phone in your top/side pocket. The app will run with the GPS signal fine, sending Over-Speed Alerts over the top of the music or phone calls. Be careful of draining your battery. GPS is thirsty!!
As a self-confessed lead-foot
Speed Camera Club + Speed Limits™ is perfect for me to keep alerted to my speed while keeping my eyes on the road. Speed Camera Club + Speed Limits™ has taught me the real value of the cruise-control.
A clever design incorporating intuitive driver's behaviour and smart programming logic plus OSM API data has evolved into an easily customised and versatile
Over-Speed Limit Alert App.